Tuesday, June 28, 2011

#Trust30 online initiative - a 30-day writing challenge - Part 27 - Personal Recipe

Personal Recipe by Harley Schreiber


I do not wish to expiate, but to live. My life is for itself and not for a spectacle. I much prefer that it should be of a lower strain, so it be genuine and equal, than that it should be glittering and unsteady. I wish it to be sound and sweet, and not to need diet and bleeding. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Think about the type of person you’d NEVER want to be 5 years from now. Write out your own personal recipe to prevent this from happening and commit to following it. “Thought is the seed of action.”
(Author: Harley Schreiber)

Personal Recipe by Andrew Cairns

There are a lot of 'types of person' I'd never want to be 5 years from now. This question is really just a twist on the 'how do you see yourself 5 years from now'. What I don't want to be 5 years from now is still overly subject to the demands of work, i.e. just running along in the rat race, doing something just vaguely interesting and motivational which is what I've been positioned to do due to my qualifications and experience; too much travel-time, minimal free-time, not a good life-work balance...
Personal recipe is basically to not be afraid to do some drastic changes : location, occupation, work-schedule / organisation, salary... all a bit vague, but then as John Lennon said "Life is what happens to you, when you're busy making other plans".

No comments:

Post a Comment