Tuesday, June 28, 2011

#Trust30 online initiative - a 30-day writing challenge - Part 28 - Alive-est

Alive-est by Sam Davidson


Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind. If we follow the truth, it will bring us out safe at last. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
When did you feel most alive recently? Where were you? What did you smell? What sights and sounds did you experience? Capture that moment on paper and recall that feeling. Then, when it’s time to create something, read your own words to reclaim a sense of being to motivate you to complete a task at hand.
(Author: Sam Davidson)

Alive-est by Andrew Cairns

I felt most alive while out for a run a week or so ago; discovering my new neighbourhood. Smelt some circus animals which were grazing in the park - camels, lamas, goats, ponies (luckily the lions and tigers were locked up); the smelll of summer - grass and flowers; the smell of freedom. The sounds of people playing football; of planes, trains and automobiles; of the wind blowing in grass, bushes and trees; of my own breathing and beating heart. I found my way to the big park (a 10 minute run from my new house) and on the other-side another park which has a slight incline which you can go up to get a view of the surrounding area. Tried to find a cirular route back home (found it the following weekend on my bike), but this time got wedged between 2 train lines (sounds painful :)) and didn't fancy dashing across a train-line (with TGVs that can arrive incredibly fast), so more or less went back the way I came. I suppose discovering new surroundings, new sights, sounds and smells makes me feel alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment