Monday, June 20, 2011

#Trust30 online initiative - a 30-day writing challenge - Part 20 - Speak Less

Speak Less by Laura Kimball


What I must do is all that concerns me, not what the people think. This rule, equally arduous in actual and in intellectual life, may serve for the whole distinction between greatness and meanness. It is the harder, because you will always find those who think they know what is your duty better than you know I. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
I once received a fortune cookie that read: “Speak less of your plans, you’ll get more done.” What’s one project that you’ve been sitting on and thinking about but haven’t made progress on? What’s stopping you? What would happen if you actually went for it and did it?
(Author: Laura Kimball)


Speak Less by Andrew Cairns

I prefer "You don't ask, you tell" - (Elaine to George) from the series Seinfield.
No real project (other than metioned in previous posts) comes to mind. Maybe writing a book, or trying to get some of my previous efforts published. What's stopping me, is like a lot of things, finding the time. With blogs, ebooks, self-publishing you can always go down the alternative publishing route. The trick in either case is to find an audience. What would happen ? Best case - become an overnight writing sensation; worst case - book bombs and dies.

No comments:

Post a Comment