Friday, June 17, 2011

#Trust30 online initiative - a 30-day writing challenge - Part 17 - Invent the Future

Invent the Future by Cindy Gallop


A man should learn to detect and watch that gleam of light which flashes across his mind from within, more than the lustre of the firmament of bards and sages. Yet he dismisses without notice his thought, because it is his. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
My favorite quote of all time is Alan Kay: ‘In order to predict the future, you have to invent it.’ I am all about inventing the future. Decide what you want the future to be and make it happen. Because you can. Write about your future now.
(Author: Cindy Gallop)


Invent the Future by Andrew Cairns


I live with my family in a spacious energy-efficient (autonomous) house with large luscious gardens where fruit, vegetables, trees and flowering plants grow in abundance. Nearby are forests, lakes, rivers and the sea with beautiful unspoilt beaches.
I have a great balance of work and personal life (with time to spend with the family / friends, read, play music and do sports). I have time to travel locally (and occasionally to more distant places for longer trips).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment